At Smart Physiotherapy Belfast we use an unrivalled, unique tailored treatment model combining physiotherapy, sports injury rehabilitation, analysis and sports medicine to give you the best opportunity to return back to full activity pain free.
Our Carryduff based expert Physiotherapists are specialists in the assessment and treatment of physical dysfunction arising from the neuromuscular system.
Physiotherapy treatment enhances independence with functional and sporting activities following injury, illness, or ageing. At Smart Physiotherapy Belfast, our Physios use a combination of treatment techniques to improve mobility and increase muscle strength, range of movement, balance and posture.
At our Carryduff Physiotherapy Clinic we see a wide variety of common conditions from sports injuries to workplace strains.
Our expert physios are champions of “hands on” treatment techniques and with specific exercise therapy suitable for each individual patient – you’ll be back to full mobility in no time.
Our Physiotherapy Techniques include:
- Joint mobilisation and manipulation
- Specific soft tissue massage and mobilisation
- Muscle energy techniques
- Acupuncture and dry needling
- Sports and functional fascial taping / kinesiology taping
Booking a Physiotherapy Appointment
We offer appointments at our Carryduff Physiotherapy Clinic and on home-visits. Our physios will require an initial 45 minute consultation with you. The consultation will involve a discussion of your symptoms and personal goals followed by a physical assessment. During the examination, your physiotherapist will be assessing your posture, joint range of movement, muscle tone, length and strength and, depending on your symptoms, may check your reflexes and sensation. On completion of your assessment your physiotherapist will give you a clear diagnosis, prognosis and discuss an appropriate treatment plan.
Sports Injury Appointments
Sports injuries are a specialised area of physiotherapy. In order to accurately diagnose, treat and rehabilitate sports injuries, your Physiotherapist requires extensive knowledge of sport in general, as well as an understanding of the demands and biomechanics of your particular sport.
At Smart Physiotherapy Belfast, our Physios have worked with professional and amateur athletes in a variety of sporting fields including:
- Rugby: Physiotherapist with Women’s rugby football union of England working with the England 7’s team/ under 18 and senior team. Northallerton Senior men’s rugby club.
- Hockey: Irish ladies master team.
- Gaelic Football: Men’s and women’s teams in Ulster and Leinster.
- Swimming: British swimming, Northeast of England swimming clubs. Swimmers part of the GB programme.
- Newcastle Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic: treating a wide variety of athletes including triathletes, elite runners, cyclists, football, golf and dance.
Our Injury and exercise rehabilitation techniques include:
- Core Stability
- Biomechanical correction
- Postural correction
- Foam rolling
- Gym- based exercises
- Sport specific rehabilitation